Saturday, January 17, 2015


Testing Amazon's countdown

I'm all for trying new things, why not? Working with Judi at proofreadNZ we're 'testing' INVICTUS Part 1 in the Countdown promo. From what I understand the book has to be released at full price for a 30 day period, after that you can play a bit.

INVICTUS Part 1 was always destined to be a 'loss leader', a taster to get peoples interest, close to but not quite a giveaway.

So, with it's launch this morning it carries the full price tag of  USD$3.99 - not ideal.




My thought process here is to turn the 30 days into a review gathering exercise, where I am actually providing gift cards to the value of $3.99 to a number of people so that they can purchase and review the book before it starts on the discount trail. There are a few reasons for this - I honestly believe that a reviewer is doing me the service so I see no reason why that person should be out of pocket for providing that service. Secondly, it is clearly understood that the provision of the free copy is for an honest and unbiased review. I am very much at the growth stage of my development therefore the feedback is the thing I thirst for, it's the only thing I want!

Interestingly I have had a couple of people refuse to review because it is an 'Indie' book - I understand that some Indie books are not of a reasonable standard, that said I know of trad-pub books that are pretty poor as well, so I don't see the divide as being quite as black and white as some seem to think.

As always I am excited and nervous, I don't know how INVICTUS is going to be received so it is a waiting game. It's a good story, it is well edited and I love the cover - the rest is up to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment