Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Want to share in an idea?

As part of the 'wash up' from the Fated Encounters launch I've been exercising my brain to look for different ways to generate interest in my books.

There have been a few ideas that definitely need more work but one I'm keen to explore is something I'm calling 'buy it forward'.

All of the feedback on both books has been incredibly positive which is a real bonus. So here is the basic principle: I provide ten volunteers with a copy of one or the other of my books, the 'volunteer' reads said book and then, providing they enjoyed it, they then buy and gift a copy to one of their friends or family that they believe would enjoy it. The 'out' here is that IF the reader doesn't enjoy the read then they don't have to buy and gift a copy forward. Actually, where I say 'buy' I mean send a gift voucher to the value of whatever it needs to be.

This is not without the obvious danger of dishonesty but at the same time I choose to believe that the vast majority of people would enter into this in the 'spirit' of the exercise. Forever the optimist :-)

On the basis of this I'd be interested to hear from anyone that wants to take part in this experiment


or register through the contact page on website ajwilsonbooks.net 

It's very easy to get stuck in a marketing rut; following what everyone else has done. Hey, if it works for you then brilliant but I'm looking for new avenues, untested or untried. My reasoning is very simple, if I do what everyone else is doing then I'm stuck in a crowd fighting for the attention of the same group of people. 

Looking around other sites I see that the whole topic of 'freebie promo days' is being discussed at length - some in favour and some against. I made my opinion public in the last post, I honestly believe that the 'freebie' promo has become over rated and it's effectiveness is limited. There is also the fact that a growing number of readers are now expecting free books. 'FREE' has no value.

So, as new Authors, we need to think out of the box to gain an advantage.

Feel free to share your ideas, or some of your success's.



No comments:

Post a Comment